A broken pipe can cause a lot of damage and cost a lot of money. Here are ten signs that you can watch for that indicate you may have a broken pipe.
1. Sink Holes in Your Yard– If there are unexplained soggy spots or sink holes in your yard, that is an indication that you may have a broken pipe.
2. Clanking or Banging Noises– If you hear any banging or clanking noises in your pipes, you likely have loose parts. This is the beginnings of a broken pipe.
3. Low Water Pressure or No Water– If you notice that there is low water pressure or no water when you turn a faucet on, it is likely that you have a broken pipe.
4. Water Bubbling– If you notice a bubbling noise when you flush the toilet or use the sink, then you may have a broken pipe.
5. High Water Bill- If you get a water bill that is unexpectedly higher than normal, you may have a broken pipe.
6. Bad Water Quality– If your water has started to smell or is no longer clear, your pipes may be deteriorating or are contaminated.
7. Clogging- If you have a toilet or any drains that frequently clog, something is definitely wrong. One possibility is a broken pipe.
8. Whistling– If you hear a whistling sound in your pipes, you may have a dented pipe that could potentially burst.
9. Water Damage– If you notice any wet rings on the ceiling or puddles on the floor or under sinks, this is sign that you have a broken pipe somewhere.
10. Backups– If you have any drains that frequently are backed up, then you either have a broken pipe or blocked sewer line.
If you have any of these signs of a broken pipe, do not hesitate to call us at A Step Above Plumbing in Lithia, Florida right away so we can quickly take care of this hazard.