There are some plumbing problems that can be avoided or fixed on your own without calling a plumber. Here are some the most common plumbing problems we’ve seen and their simple solutions:
- Lack of Hot Water- This can often be fixed without a plumber. If you have a gas water heater, the first thing to do is to make sure that the pilot light is on. Next, check the temperature setting and make sure that it is high enough to meet the needs of your home. If neither of these tricks works, give us a call.
- Dripping Faucet– Washers in a faucet will eventually wear out, causing a dripping faucet. Replace the washer, and you should be good to go! You can also help your washers last longer in your faucet by not turning it off with excessive force.
- Clogged Drain– A clogged drain can be avoided by using caution when putting items down the drain. Be careful about putting food, construction materials from do-it-yourself projects, and hair down the drain.
- Garbage Disposals– Again, be careful about what you put down the garbage disposal. Typically potato peels, pumpkin carvings, watermelon rinds, and other large food waste should be thrown in the trash instead. Also, be sure to run cold water as you are running your garbage disposal.
- Leaking Pipes– It is a good idea to occasionally check your pipes for white lime deposits or rust, as these signs point to a leak starting. Catching a leak early on will save you from a lot of damage, thus saving you money.
If you have any questions about any of these or other plumbing problems, do not hesitate to call us at A Step Above Plumbing in Lithia, Florida.