Your plumbing is something that you use daily- even if you don’t think about it when you do! At A Step Above Plumbing Inc., we want to ensure your plumbing is something you can use without worry on a daily basis! We have a variety of plumbing services that we are able to use to combat common plumbing problems. However, it is always better to prevent plumbing problems from occurring in the first place whenever possible. By following some of these tips, you can have happier plumbing in many cases. Consider some of the following common plumbing problems and how to avoid them:
- Clogged Drain- Tackle a clogged drain with a few different methods. Simple ones include a mixture of baking soda and vinegar being allowed to sit in the drain followed with boiling water from a kettle. You can also use physical tools like a plunger or drain snake to remove or move the clog.
- Clogged Toilet- Clogged toilets are incredibly common. Avoid the issue by monitoring toilet tissue use, ensuring that children are not flushing toys or excessive paper, and only flush tissue and waste- not sanitary products or even “flushable” wipes. Keep a plunger handy in every bathroom, too, and learn how to shut off the water to your toilet.
- Leaking Faucet- Leaking faucets are common, especially in older properties. Often caused by an aging washer, leaking faucets can be prevented by using only gentle pressure to turn your faucets off and on. Furthermore, you’ll want to pay attention to your faucets and replace the washer at the first sign of leaks.
- Leaking Pipes- Leaking pipes can often go unnoticed, until the leaks are severe. Having a plumber give your pipes a look annually can ensure that your pipes aren’t costing you more than your water use!
- No Hot Water- Problems with hot water can leave you feeling irritable- and cold! Find out if your pilot light on your hot water heater is still on. Calling a plumber annually for maintenance can prevent cold, unpleasant showers year-round.
- No Water Pressure- Low water pressure can have a few different causes. A common cause is buildup in shower heads and faucets, which can be helped by removing them and soaking them in cleaner (vinegar works!) to loosen the buildup. If that doesn’t work, you might need to have a plumber come look for buildup or leaks in the plumbing system.
- Leaking Toilet- If your toilet is leaking or running constantly, you will want to turn off the water to your toilet and call a plumber. It could be an issue with the wax seal under your toilet or with other components in the tank.
- Running Toilet- Constantly submerged in water, you might notice that your toilet components don’t last forever! While you can’t really prevent a leaking toilet, you can notice when the components don’t seal and give you the proper seal, and then replace them.
These are just some of the common plumbing issues you need to watch out for. If these preventative tips or fixes don’t work for you- don’t wait! Be sure to call our expert plumbers today for assistance.